Trip Planner: South Pacific / Australia / New South Wales / Greater Sydney / Parramatta / Parramatta Park
Parramatta Park receives over 1.7 million visits annually and is one of the 11 historic places that together form the Australian Convict Sites World Heritage property. It is managed by the Parramatta Park Trust.Plan to visit Parramatta Park during your Parramatta vacation using our convenient Parramatta online vacation planner.
The park was gazetted as a public park on 6 August 1858 when the first Trust was created. In 2008 we celebrated 150 years as a public park.
Parramatta Park covers an area of 85 hectares and includes The Crescent, Old Government House, The Dairy Cottage, Parramatta Observatory site, Bath House, Boer War Memorial, Lady Fitzroy Memorial, cultural and natural heritage areas including approximately 10 hectares of remnant Cumberland Plain vegetation.
// PARRAMATTA PARK PAGE GUIDELINES //
We encourage open discussion on this page but to make sure everyone has a fair go we have a few guidelines.
Parramatta Park Trust does not accept responsibility for fan comments on this page. They are not representative of the opinions of Parramatta Park Trust, nor do we make any warranty to their accuracy.
Posts may be deleted as determined in Parramatta Park Trust’s absolute discretion if they contain:
• violent, obscene, profane, hateful, derogatory, racist or sexist language, links or images;
• information that may compromise the safety or security of the public;
• any discussion or promotion of behaviour that is unlawful;
• comments that threaten or defame any person or organisation;
• solicitations, advertisements, endorsements or spam;
• off-topic posts by a single user;
• repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users;
• any other inappropriate content or comments as determined by Parramatta Park Trust
When interacting with this page, the Parramatta Park Trust requests that you:
• exercise courtesy;
• do not post your personal address or phone number;
• acknowledge that the Western Sydney Parklands cannot check the accuracy of every post and does not take any responsibility for reliance on posts on this page; and
• adhere to Facebook’s Guidelines which can be found here (http://www.facebook.com/legal/terms)
Users who do not comply with these fan page guidelines will also be blocked from the page at the absolute discretion of the Parramatta Park Trust.
Create a full itinerary - for free!
Parramatta Park reviews
Nice park, many people walking around and having a good time, good for kids with the playground, nice place to relax and take a walk
Nice park, many people walking around and having a good time, good for kids with the playground, nice place to relax and take a walk more »
and the old buildings are great to look at and read about on the plaques, I found the local history on my visit really interesting.
and the old buildings are great to look at and read about on the plaques, I found the local history on my visit really interesting. more »
My favourite park. I’m here almost every day. There is ample space for you to walk, bike, or picnic. The bats smell but what can you do 😂 Police patrol periodically through here too so you know that you’re safe. The park is always clean with no rubbish left and the lawns always mowed.
An amazing park right next to Parramatta city with a focus on the river winding alongside it. There’s a cafe, some decent play equipment and plenty of beautiful walks with some surprise views, monuments, bridges and… an old Government Dairy Farm along the way. Can be a bit confusing as to where you’re meant to walk if you’re a pedestrian but that’s only a minor nuisance. The park could use a bit of TLC but overall it’s great place to visit for recreation or exercise.
Plan your trip to Parramatta
- Get a personalized tripA full day by day itinerary based on your preferences
- Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
- Book itChoose from the best hotels and activities. Up to 50% off
- Manage itEverything in one place. Everyone on the same page.
Hidden gems in Parramatta
Side trips from Parramatta
Popular things to do in Parramatta
Nearby attractions in Parramatta
Museums in Parramatta
Trips in Parramatta Park by other users
1 day in Parramatta BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Kissing Point Park Featherdale Sydney Wildlife Park Parramatta Park 31 days in Sydney BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM Prince Henry Cliff Walk The Giant Stairway Leura Post Office 3 days in Parramatta BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA The Road Builders Memorial Echo Point Lookout Blue Mountains 2 days in Parramatta BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Symbio Wildlife Park Old Government House Room Escape Games 60 days in Sydney BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Potts Point Sunday Markets Bronte Beach Bondi to Coogee Walk 3 days in Parramatta & Sydney BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Parramatta Sydney